Removal of Breast Implants and Uplift
41yr old patient who underwent removal of 490cc/507cc breast implants and their capsules and reshaping of the remaining breast tissue in the form of an Uplift (Mastopexy). Post op images taken at 6 months.
Please note that revision breast augmentation surgery is often not easy as there are a number of factors to
- 1. The previous anatomical factors as mentioned above for primary augmentation.
- 2. Placement of implant i.e. above or below the muscle
- 3. The implant capsule – scarring that occurs around the implant
- 4. Type of implant
- 5. Changes of the breast tissue since previous augmentation i.e. thinning of the breast tissue and or drop of the breast tissue off the implant.
- 6. Trying to compromise by using bigger volumes and not having an Uplift, may result in a visible implant (to touch and feel), increased risks of rippling and further surgery such as an uplift.